Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Least-Chip-3923 t1_j9gcehr wrote

Skip Groton if you think you won't like New London. Mystic has the most restaurants/bars because it's very touristy. Personally, I love New London. Waterford is right next to New London and more suburban.

UNCERTAIN_BUCKET OP t1_j9gk0bq wrote

I've lived in Bristol, Coventry (also known in the uk for being rough) and London. So big cities with good and bad bits. So all what people say about NEW London makes me think it actually isn't bad from what I'm used to. What do you love most about New London?

Environmental_Log344 t1_j9h9jnt wrote

It is a great art city. There is always a young population due to its having two very expensive colleges. It has a kind of grunge rock feel to it. Try staying at a hotel for a couple of weeks before you rent an apartment. As stated earlier, there are parts of it that are sadly shabby, not cute shabby, but run down and miserable. Be picky, my friend, and you can live a good life in new London!

fileknotfound t1_j9gskbd wrote

It’s not bad, there are bad areas in NL but it also has some nice historic areas.

Least-Chip-3923 t1_j9hv6t9 wrote

I live on a quiet street, but can be in a shopping in area in 10 minutes. There's a lot of art and downtown is cute with some decent restaurants. It's also on the Thames River and LI Sound