Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Gil_V t1_j8k6s9r wrote

Is Chaturbate a dating app?

Prudent-Ball2698 t1_j8k7dfb wrote

Well and the pay wall makes it virtually impossible to get any responses or send out anything

SectorZed t1_j8ldmjp wrote

The apps are awful as a guy. Great way to ruin your self esteem by putting your looks up against an algorithm designed to make you pay to be seen.

RoundPlum OP t1_j8m0e7m wrote

Truthfully the only app that I've heard that if you're a guy actually works well is grinder but unfortunately not so good if you if your not gay

Pancrat t1_j8lmmgt wrote

Idk if you want to meet women online but can’t afford and $20 paywall you probably wouldn’t be matching anyways.

−7

RoundPlum OP t1_j8m06ov wrote

I wouldn't mind paying the $20 if it actually meant a better experience. But I have it in good authority that. In the end it really doesn't make that big of a difference anyway.

EKEAS t1_j8mjflq wrote

Yeah, I tried that route, I ended up just flat out running out of women to swipe in my area. If you're not an Adonis, the apps are basically useless, especially in the NW corner.

RoundPlum OP t1_j8qym10 wrote

I grew up there. The northeast corner is not much better

SectorZed t1_j8mudi9 wrote

I’ve bought Tinder premium, I’ve bought hinge premium. I dislike the premise of the apps making you feel unwanted and ugly so you buy the better service.

Pancrat t1_j8muoba wrote

The apps make you feel that way? I feel that way sometimes, because of poor choices and lack of effort to improve.

049at t1_j8l6364 wrote

I don’t put much effort into the apps but I find it funny how so many people will send a like and match with me only to send a “Hi” message with hardly any follow up. I always try to strike up a conversation with anyone I match with but it always seems to go nowhere. No Valentine’s Day for me 😞

RoundPlum OP t1_j8m0aw1 wrote

I do the same. I shouldn't have had much better luck in the past I think it's sad that people make people out to be less of a person because they're single. Most people don't really have the opportunity to meet people

Connecticut-ModTeam t1_j8mtvjh wrote

Hi, r/Connecticut is focused on Connecticut related items. Your post was removed for not being relevant and specific to Connecticut. Regards, The Moderators

Old-Bedroom8464 t1_j8ndxws wrote

Before phone apps we had to pay for websites. I think Eharmony, plentyoffish, and match.com were the main ones. Eharmony was a religious site but I met plenty of sluts on there. plentyoffish was free but swamped. match.com was the best, met my current wife on it. Our 10 year anniversary is in May.|

My brother is currently using all those apps and not finding anything. Given, we're tall, handsome, well spoken guys. So I guess you have to crack some code with those.

RoundPlum OP t1_j8qvx33 wrote

I had such good luck on the websites before I'm at my last girlfriend about 8 years ago.

PeloquinsHunger t1_j8lsa4e wrote

The older you get the pee there is in the pool.

SonicBoom6 t1_j8mj7pg wrote

I find it weird every guy who see my woman around, or at work would hit on her and say things to break us up. She message me and come home told me all about it. We laugh at the creeps. Met on Facebook 10 years ago. Not sure if Facebook dating still a thing.

The one advice I would give is woman don't give a shit about your dick or how you are better than the other guy. They just wanna talk and laugh on the similar experiences that they can relate. She know I am hopeless romantic but can relate we both broke as dirt 10 years ago and go with that.

A man who sustain trust is better than the man who sustain a lie in ..........................................................

omeedohmy t1_j8msj9w wrote

i have no idea what this means but i trust your confidence.