Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

SectorZed t1_j8ldmjp wrote

The apps are awful as a guy. Great way to ruin your self esteem by putting your looks up against an algorithm designed to make you pay to be seen.

RoundPlum OP t1_j8m0e7m wrote

Truthfully the only app that I've heard that if you're a guy actually works well is grinder but unfortunately not so good if you if your not gay

Pancrat t1_j8lmmgt wrote

Idk if you want to meet women online but can’t afford and $20 paywall you probably wouldn’t be matching anyways.

−7

RoundPlum OP t1_j8m06ov wrote

I wouldn't mind paying the $20 if it actually meant a better experience. But I have it in good authority that. In the end it really doesn't make that big of a difference anyway.

EKEAS t1_j8mjflq wrote

Yeah, I tried that route, I ended up just flat out running out of women to swipe in my area. If you're not an Adonis, the apps are basically useless, especially in the NW corner.

RoundPlum OP t1_j8qym10 wrote

I grew up there. The northeast corner is not much better

SectorZed t1_j8mudi9 wrote

I’ve bought Tinder premium, I’ve bought hinge premium. I dislike the premise of the apps making you feel unwanted and ugly so you buy the better service.

Pancrat t1_j8muoba wrote

The apps make you feel that way? I feel that way sometimes, because of poor choices and lack of effort to improve.