Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

LordConnecticut t1_j8wjpbs wrote

It would have been cheaper to fit and renovate IMS. Not even Ivies go on the building sprees UConn does.

charmed_fandomgal t1_j8wkrfi wrote

I don’t know that it would. They would have had to pay someone to remove everything and put it somewhere else for who knows how long and then pay someone to put it back and pay to renovate the building which they are doing anyway but everything new has been in the works for 10+ years. It’s not like it’s suddenly just been decided. And that building brings in money to the school as well

LordConnecticut t1_j8wu60t wrote

There’s a lot of assumptions in this post that are simply untrue. It’s a massive expensive to construct a new building from top to finish.

There’s a reason why people that flip houses don’t demolish them, they gut them and renovate the interior. The vast majority of the cost to construct a building is in the exterior, especially a commercial grade building, the excavation, the foundation, the fireproofed stairwells and outer shell.

You realise they pay someone to do everything for a new building too right? The fact that things take 10+ years should be an indication that there’s a problem.

charmed_fandomgal t1_j8xfwla wrote

Idk what assumptions you think I have. You didn’t tell me anything I didn’t know