Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

CTRealtorCarl t1_ja82eg6 wrote

Hi sorry I can't help with the specific request. I just want to make sure you aren't getting scammed, so many rental scams right now it's crazy. I listed a rental property a while ago and the next thing I knew, the pictures of the apartment I took were all over Facebook and Craigslist with different contact information and they were collecting deposits from sight unseen renters.

My general rule of thumb is that if the realtor/manager/owner can't provide a live video walk through I would be skeptical and require some other form of verificaiton. Hate to say it but that's the world we live in now.

If you are dealing with a realtor I'm happy to verify contact information for you in a private message.

Either way good luck with the move and I hope it all goes well. Simsbury is awesome!

danhm t1_ja841zf wrote

Use a site like TinEye to do a reverse search of the images -- if they show up elsewhere, it's probably a scam.

danhm t1_ja82s6a wrote

Those are two of the main drags through Simsbury so if you are sensitive to traffic noises, probably not the best bet for quietness. It's tough to move across the country! Sign a short lease and buy some really nice earplugs until you get get an actual feel for the area.

timmahfast t1_ja85p4h wrote

Simsbury is mostly quiet. But that area is relatively busy compared to the rest of Simsbury.

AsterCharge t1_ja8tdc9 wrote

Went to the high school, and there is a MASSIVE amount of traffic when school gets in/out. Probably more than the rest of the town at any point in the day. There’s no horns, but all the rest of the noises associated with alot of cars are there. I think I know what neighborhood you’re talking about, and it probably won’t be good for noise. If you want to DM or comment the road I (might) be able to give you a better idea, but no promises sorry.

DaylightsStories t1_ja82jqg wrote

I've never seen much traffic on those roads...except around 7:00AM, 2:30PM, and then 5-6PM. Most of Simsbury is fairly quiet but for obvious reasons being next to a high school does mean a lot of school busses go by.

blade-runner9 t1_ja9vxed wrote

It is pretty quiet up there. I don’t think you will have any issues.