Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Telefrag_Ent OP t1_jea5y36 wrote

Thank you! That helped me find a video, had to physically push the latch mechanism in and release the door lock. That got power back to the buttons. Found the replacement latch and it should be all set by tomorrow. Cheers!

teizz t1_jeajadp wrote

There's a good chance it tripped a water leak switch in the pan that makes up the bottom of the unit. Could be a hose has come loose or has gone leaky.

I've had one where the water pump had started to leak just a smidge, but it has rusted out most of the bottom because it was leaking for a long time and had rusted the motor bearings too.

TL;DR: check the inside for water too.

Tsurugichris t1_jeam309 wrote

I have had the same issue with mine. What I can’t figure out is every time I open it after the wash cycle it is fine, but if my wife opens it the latch disengages and I have to push it back in. I had her hold on to my hand as I opened it once to see if I do it differently somehow, and it broke. So now I am the only one that is allowed to open the dishwasher.

KGhoti t1_jebko8u wrote

Is that akin to the kid who breaks the plates so they don't have to do dishes?

kecknj t1_jeboro0 wrote

I had the same issue with my Frigidaire, except the latch switch was broken and the harness was melted. Ended up replacing the entire harness. It wasn't as hard as I expected, and I probably could have gotten away with just spicing in some spare connectors, but at least I didn't have to buy a new dishwasher. Seems to be a very common issue.

Auirom t1_jec1rng wrote

We had this same issue with ours. I reset the latch twice before I bought a new one. Super simple to install ad no more issues with it. Atleast we didn't have the water leak issue where the water leaks into the button controls on top