Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

MadSciTech t1_jda8u7y wrote

No insulation at all? Man where i live i would have jammed every inch with R30 and/or spray on foam. Either you're wealthy enough to afford to pay for a lot of wasted AC or you live somewhere much more temperate.

rumblylumbly t1_jdap6vs wrote

We recently spent the last year and a half renovating our home. It took forever because we decided to strip the walls / ceilings and reinsulate every inch of the house.

It’s made such a ginormous difference.

When we first bought the house we tried to remove the wall paper and even with all the heating on we’d still be cold.

I’m now lying in bed, uncovered with our radiator on the lowest setting and feel absolutely comfy temperature wise.

I’m really glad we went the extra mile and added in more insulation everywhere and redid the ceilings / walls.

Him251 OP t1_jdae8bk wrote

The room is an add on to the house. There isn't anything above the room. There is a small electric heater for that room and that's it. Doesn't get a lot of use other than laundry.

−9

ronimal t1_jdac2st wrote

There’s a window right there so it must be getting some insolation

−18

thoiboi t1_jdb5q2i wrote

What..?

ronimal t1_jdcm5y3 wrote

The comment I replied to misspelled insulation. They wrote insolation, which means exposure to the suns rays. Then they edited their comment to correct their spelling mistake.

Excludos t1_jdbucrq wrote

I fail to see the connection

ronimal t1_jdcm381 wrote

The comment I replied to misspelled insulation. They wrote insolation, which means exposure to the suns rays. Then they edited their comment to correct their spelling mistake.