Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Archaris t1_jdfiibl wrote

when you say "attach to the panel above the rear window" you mean... the fabric covered headliner?!

VHB tape is provided with just about every aftermarket electronic I've ever used, it's used for factory mounting too. But NO amount of stickytape is going to work on fabric.

Dash cams are designed to be adjusted so they can install on any window... buying one that can't do that sounds super sketchy. If it's so cheap you can't mount to your window, and it can't adjust to your window slope: how do you expect to be able to use any film captured off of it?

luckysevensampson OP t1_jdfy17y wrote

No, I mean the plastic panel that covers the access to the wiper motor. I’ve run the cable through the rubber conduit that covers the wires through the hinge of the door and then out from under the cover panel. Yes, the camera is adjustable, but I don’t think it can be tilted enough if it’s attached directly to the window, due to how vertical my rear window is. It may be “good enough”, but I want it to see up a bit higher than it would allow being mounted directly to the window. It did come with a double sided piece of adhesive tape, but the tape is crap quality and doesn’t stick well. The cameras themselves work great.