Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

theonewhoexists OP t1_jdfqc29 wrote

It’s a fence and not a house. Also the tree is gone now.

Would a solo stove in a similar location or 2 ft away be any better?

−6

Not2daydear t1_jdfqy71 wrote

Any a flame near combustible object is never advised. Solo stove looks like it would be more controlled. You stated that your yard is very small and move in the fire pit to a different location would black a pathway. A portable fire pit could solve this problem. You pull it out to an area where it is not near anything combustible and it would not block the walkway when you are not using it and you could put it somewhere else. Even a barbecue should be at least 10 feet away from the home even if it is propane. An out of control fire is never expected. That’s why they are called accidents.

theonewhoexists OP t1_jdfsej1 wrote

Yes I mentioned the solo stove because it is portable. The 2ft away is because this concrete tile/block space is only about 15ft x 15ft with the fence on the east side, grass on the south side, house on the west side, and a plastic deck on the north side. So the more I move it away from the fence the closer I’d be moving it to the house.

Should I stick with the original gas fire pit idea then?

Not2daydear t1_jdfswk2 wrote

I think gas or solo would work. Most of the time it’s not an issue. Most issues with fire pits come from the drinking that goes on around them. I would just move it a little further out from the fence. I’m glad that it is not a structure. That’s what I originally thought it was. My other concern was that there was a tree above it. A wood fire burns hotter, and also has the ability for the ash to fly than a gas fireplace, which has greater control in the height of the fire. Enjoy your new home and your fire pit whatever you decide.