Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

FUCKPUTIN2022LOL OP t1_isebnnj wrote

Except it's literally how tesla builds their cars. Their batteries are built literally with 18650 or 32650 cells. I realize it's dangerous (I mean electricity and fire are lol) but it's not like I wouldn't be using spacers and proper wiring. (I did forget to ask about gauge of wiring) I want full electric. I'd rather not destroy and pollute more than we already do. I mean, we have a giant nuclear constant reactor in the sky and we burn old dinosaurs instead. K.

−4

throwawhatwhenwhere t1_iseem1l wrote

> Except it's literally how tesla builds their cars

Yeah dude no. You're not qualified to do this and it will go wrong.

John-C137 t1_isef774 wrote

Tesla also have spent millions of dollars and had teams of expert engineers design their manufacturing process, test procedures and quality control. For example they will have dialed their spot welding down perfectly so the cells won't be heat damaged but still have a low resistance connection, can you really say you can hand solder hundreds cells with no I'll effect to the cells? I could go on about batteries and UPS's all day, is a real iceberg of a subject.

Good on you for going all electric and have an interest in renewable energy. Save yourself some pain and start at the start, work out your requirements using leisure or marine batteries, design and assemble your own charge system using available parts and research DC power systems and batteries as you go. Starting simple will help you develop the skills and techniques to go on to more ambitious projects in future.