Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Stormborn21 t1_j27nge2 wrote

Those look like some seriously short screws if I am looking at things correctly. Probably the simplest solution would be to try some plastic screw anchors. Also wouldn't hurt to hit youtube and see if anyone has some better ideas.

fuxxociety t1_j27ob2d wrote

luckily that's the cabinet on the end. You can drill all the way through to the other side without affecting the finished look of the visible side.

I wouldn't use plastic inserts. Instead, pick up some FlipToggle drywall anchors.

https://images.thdstatic.com/productImages/41f4485c-9b6e-4c89-b4c8-5ae86df9eb61/svn/fliptoggle-hollow-wall-anchors-425m-64_300.jpg

You'll have to drill out the existing hole much bigger than it was, but after inserting the anchor, the included bolt will hold sturdier than the original.

crash2224 t1_j27pas0 wrote

If you think you can do it, go for it!!!

−1

cdude t1_j27pbau wrote

Looks like MDF/particle board. You can certainly try filling it back with wood glue and sawdust, or some type of wood epoxy. The problem is those screws will most likely strip out again. I recommend putting in threaded inserts with your adhesive of choice.

This is a pretty good video for your exact situation: https://youtu.be/QWNE3KN9Icw

microcozmchris t1_j27w82z wrote

Amazon "cabinet hinge repair plate" is the best option. They're thin metal plates that go well outside of the damaged area. Less than $20.

awny777 t1_j282qkf wrote

I already fixed this by using a wood screw in the free middle hole, in the center of the hinge.

(not the cleanest method but the fastest / cheapest)

Guygan t1_j2897t1 wrote

• Your title does not adequately describe your project or your question.
  • Your title is clickbait or inaccurate.
  • Your title contains the words "xpost" in some form or another.
  • Your title is in ALL CAPITAL LETTERS.
  • Your title is unreadable, not understandable, uses acronyms, is not in English, or is otherwise difficult to read.

Please read our guidelines before resubmitting

If you believe this was a mistake, please message the moderators.