Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Aggravating-Key199 OP t1_j1ykve3 wrote

Reply to comment by bobcat1911 in Tilt up Soundbar by Aggravating-Key199

Thought about that, they are kind a strong :D so to bend them equally and the right amount its pretty hard…

bobcat1911 t1_j1ykz03 wrote

How are they mounted to the soundbar? With screws? On the bottom?

Aggravating-Key199 OP t1_j1yl44d wrote

bobcat1911 t1_j1ylc0h wrote

I'm looking at the new pictures, and it looks like you could grab the soundbar right where those angled mounting brackets are with both hands and bend it up, maybe?

Aggravating-Key199 OP t1_j1ylkvv wrote

Im not sure if it’s a good idea. The Tv is really heavy, and the mounting brackets are connected to the ones that hold Tv so I would definitely have to remove the Soundbar before I’m trying to bend something, if it was a 500$ Tv then no problem :D but with this beast, kinda not willing to risk that. And if I remove them, then there comes the problem with equally bending to the right angle…

bobcat1911 t1_j1ylygn wrote

What about spacers on the screw on the bottom?

Aggravating-Key199 OP t1_j1ym2kq wrote

That would make it a bit higher, my problem ist just the angle, the spacing and so on from Tv is pretty spot on, and I even need the small gap there because of upfiring speakers :)

bobcat1911 t1_j1ylr6u wrote

Yes, the angle brackets would be tricky to duplicate a precise bend. Other than a vise with both clamped in at the exact angle is about the only thing that I can think of.

Aggravating-Key199 OP t1_j1ylvdy wrote

That’s still something :) thanks for the input ! :) maybe someone else here comes with a genius plan :)) I’m not in hurry, but the sound kinda goes down so I’m not using the whole potential here :)

Blaxpell t1_j1ymzfu wrote

Huh wouldn’t washers in the bottom work? Maybe metal angles to keep the back down?

But wouldn’t the most reasonable solution be to just place the TV on a lowboard? It’s mounted way too high anyway and you do seem to have enough space below.

Aggravating-Key199 OP t1_j1ynaoy wrote

It’s not to high :) longboard and such, tried, don’t like the look and it was like 10-15 cm lower so almost no difference there, and since I’m using it also in different directions and so on, it’s the best placement :) still, I didn’t quite get You’re idea about washers, what You’ve meant with that ?

−6