Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Maplelongjohn t1_j6456r2 wrote

Sometimes the pipe threads/ end of pipe can be removed with an easy out, if not that's where the plumber and a repipe comes into play.

Likely need to open the wall. What's on the other side of this wall?

Negative on that laundry.

But if you have a plumber come they can assess the situation and make recommendations.

Apprehensive-Egg374 OP t1_j6474tj wrote

The other side of the wall is another apartments bedroom. I live in an apartment building (I own my unit). Thats somewhat the issue. If the pipe threads come off, the other pipe thread is far behind the wall and I’d have the break the wall. And it’s possible the next pipe behind the wall also breaks off when you try take that pipe off lol so it can be endless. The building is very old and so I’m sure the piping is very old as well. Is there a way that if the threads come off, I could cut the pipe to make the ends straight, and then attach some type of adapter or something? Or the only way is really to keep removing pipes behind the wall till you get a thread?

Maplelongjohn t1_j64v3ap wrote

I imagine you can't even shut off your own unit without the whole building and thusly that assembly of stops and fittings you have there ...

I'd just add another add a t for the fridge and be done with it

Or get ready for a barely reasonable to quite large plumbers bill...

Chicago? I'd guess from the brass drain assembly.

Get an outlet cover on the electric, no reason for that.