Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Gryllan OP t1_j5keov0 wrote

How come? Ive always felt like showers with doors or walls, usually 900x900mm, are so small. We have a daugher who we shower aswell and this 1300x2000 is awesome

BlowMoreGlass t1_j5kglq9 wrote

I personally don't like them because they don't trap any heat

AttackOfTheThumbs t1_j5khobv wrote

My sister has these showers throughout her house in Germany. I just find they create a huge mess in the bathroom and are colder overall because it's not as enclosed a space. What we found is that as you are washing yourself, water will inevitably end up on the far wall. Now the floor there is all wet and you have to squeegee it. It's just extra effort a door would have prevented. Not having the door imo has no benefits.

They've now added a rod with a curtain and forgone the open style to prevent the required clean up. And added a rim because the water will still run out. Theirs relied completely on tilt.

Gryllan OP t1_j5kjs6q wrote

Ah okey i understand. It will surely need cleaning on the far wall sometime, but we havent had any problems with that yet. About the water on the floor, I think you can see a little angled stripe on the floor outside the shower? That is for that purpose, it makes water that comes outside the drain to flow there. Sorry for my wierd english, i type as i think it in my language haha! We did talk about installing a door aswell, but not in 90° from the showerwall, but 180° towards the fan and window.

AttackOfTheThumbs t1_j5l4hkf wrote

No, I see that. Most of the water was really the splashing the left the shower more than just running out. The barrier was just another thing to help prevent it further. For all I know, theirs are just extra shit. I dunno. Modern design just isn't for me.