Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Gryllan OP t1_j5kirce wrote

Yeah i had that idea! But the jungle of LEDs and transformators (?) and all made me not do it. I just did it simple. Btw, this light has 3 different lights, like dimmered yellow, strong yellow, strong white. With the highest white its really bright, and the lowest it gets cozy. So i have somewhat of what you mean. But i agree what youre saying.

vivamario t1_j5knmc9 wrote

LEDs have come pretty far. You can get transformerless nowadays. Also look at wafer lights. Basically cut the hole and clip it in.

Gryllan OP t1_j5ko0st wrote

Yeah but i dont think i can with this ceiling. Woodchips as insulation on top of the LED? I dont think i want that. Maybe with a cup around it sure

vivamario t1_j5kp9qe wrote

Why would that matter? Anything rated for use in damp locations is going to be rated for insulation as well. Other than the logistics of not making a mess, there isn't going to be heat buildup.

Gryllan OP t1_j5kqgpm wrote

I found many spotlights that were rated for bathrooms but needed alot of space, LEDs. Ive renod many bathrooms as a worker aswell and some needs cups. Thats why i didnt want to build them into this ceiling. But i think you are right, there prob are some that can handle wooden chips laying on them. Sounds scary tho

vivamario t1_j5kroul wrote

Spotlights are not the same as wafer lights. Either way you are looking for the IC stamp on the box.

Gryllan OP t1_j5krx6f wrote

Allright cool, ill check that out :)