Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

stng17 t1_j5kopah wrote

Great work! Do you have any concern with moisture problems and the ceiling? The ceiling looks like it's literally the hardwood floor above it.

Gryllan OP t1_j5kpz44 wrote

House built in 1944, that ceiling is the original one. Always been a shower here, and theres no dmg at all. Above this ceiling is woodchips (?) Insulation and then the same floor as ceiling above. But i reno'd all the floors on the upper floor becaus we had a daughter, so that she could crawl around without getting splinters x)

stng17 t1_j5ks6ey wrote

Good point on the previous shower existing. My old home was built 1900 and you could literally see through the floor gaps haha. Sounds like you'll be in great shape. Thanks for taking the time to document and share!

Gryllan OP t1_j5ktm16 wrote

Haha yeah!? If it was a prob i would break open it from above and insulate it. Ive thought about doing that just to keep the colder climate in the basement, in the basement. The floors above can be cold at times. Thank you! I have so much to share, ive been building here for 5 years now, would be fun to make a video maybe. Really appreciate you guys commenting. Thanks again!