Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

andyring t1_j58pame wrote

Consider:

You want to hack job something involving water, metal and electricity, and then submerge yourself in it.

sjohaire OP t1_j58pk58 wrote

Nooo definitely not electricity. I was thinking more along the lines of a wood fire hot tub set up. I’ve seen people make them into cold plunge tubs. I’ll have to edit the post lol. Should have specified.

GuruBuckaroo t1_j58pvw0 wrote

I mean depending on how handy you are, and how much of a hack you're willing to deal with, it can be done. I made a hot-tub out of a 12' circular watering trough - the big galvanized things you see on farms. I bought a purpose-built jacuzzi pump/filter, and ran the water through a radiator over my fire pit. It wasn't pretty, but it was cheap and did the job for a number of years. The biggest problem you're going to have is that the *only* thing you're going to re-use is the body/frame, and even then you're going to have problems, because those things aren't meant to hold several hundred pounds of water.

ObiDan71 t1_j58qdd4 wrote

I wouldn't bother. Post it for sale to see if anyone wants it as a vintage item.

caddis789 t1_j59cycw wrote

Those aren't designed to hold water. There would be a lot of weight pushing out on the sides of that chest. I'd be surprised if it held together.

Guygan t1_j59myxb wrote

• It is not question about a specific aspect of a project you are working on.
  • You are asking for aesthetic advice (e.g. what colour drapes would look nice with your couch).
  • You are asking if anyone else has ever built something or used a method.
  • You are asking if a project is "easy".
  • If you have a project in mind, please do some basic research on the matter, come up with your plan, then you can ask a question about a specific aspect of that project.
  • If you have any of the questions above - please try using our Getting Started thread at the top of the subreddit.
  • Ask your question in our Discord server in the appropriate channel.
  • You may also try other subreddits - /r/homeimprovement, /r/woodworking, /r/whatisthisthing, /r/electronics or /r/findareddit to help you find a subreddit applicable to your question.

Please read our guidelines before resubmitting.

If you believe this was a mistake, please message the moderators.