Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

JerseyWiseguy t1_j4a35z7 wrote

I've done quite a few tiled kitchen backsplashes. I always use AcrylPro tile adhesive (available at Home Depot and elsewhere), if the individual tiles are smaller (as yours are). The stuff is just super easy to work with. It's pre-mixed, but it doesn't dry out quickly. It grips immediately, but you can move tiles around even hours later. It's got a smooth, even consistency, like creamy peanut butter, so it's easy to spread. Simple water cleanup. When it's fully cured, it's very durable and long-lasting, just like any other mastic.

So, it's more work than a self-stick mat, but not as difficult as typical tile mastic, yet it ultimately holds as well as typical tile mastic. Another option to consider.

lesterd88 OP t1_j4a3n3w wrote

That's interesting I hadn't heard of that one yet. I'm looking at a video on it now. Might pick some of that up. Thanks for the tip!

dominus_aranearum t1_j4a5mkq wrote

Just make sure that whatever you use for the tile you've selected is white, not grey.

WhenDid_IGet_ThisOld t1_j4artn1 wrote

That's exactly what I used to tile a fireplace with mosaics from floor to ceiling. Love that stuff and it was affordable and easy to use. Holding strong three years later....