Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

agent_kater t1_j45tf84 wrote

My wife occasionally complains that we don't have enough light around the mirror so that the look changes when she goes out into the sun. Yours looks relatively dim as well.

awnman1 t1_j4612cg wrote

It can also be the light. If it’s a cooler CCT which people tend to use it will mute a lot of colors pretty bad. Wanna go warmer about 4000-5000k. Using high CRI helps as well. OP’s looks cooler than I would have gone.

It’ll be more like being in a jewelry store. They have great lighting if you have ever noticed. I believe even the nicer make up places do this as well. Could be wrong.

TLDR: could be color temp of light and not the light being too dim.

agent_kater t1_j4904xo wrote

>Wanna go warmer about 4000-5000k.

That's pretty cold light IMO. Lost in translation maybe? We say "warmer" light when the color temperature goes down.

(Etymologically I think it's because of the color of a fireplace.)

Sorkill OP t1_j470t4a wrote

It is also a concern for me. But the top led strip also reflects in the mirror so it gives direct light to the face. I hope that will be enough. If it is not enough i have wound extra lights specialy made for makeup around the mirror.

dariamorgenderper t1_j45ziyg wrote

It may be brighter when seated; it looks like the table top is nicely lit. She may also have a table-top mirror with lighting.

Sorkill OP t1_j470yjt wrote

Indeed, when seated the top led strip also reflects in the mirror so it gives direct light to the face.

firebyfloyd t1_j4725zg wrote

Add to that the shelf space inviting even more light blockage from everything that will be placed there.

−1