Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

danauns t1_j8agmbi wrote

That union doesn't need teflon tape. The rubber gasket inside the female/but end makes the seal.

ScuffAndy t1_j8at4sw wrote

Is the rubber gasket in there? The female end of that hose?

OutinDaBarn t1_j8bvk3i wrote

With the rubber gasket in there, normally a little more than hand tight. I just put a bidet in my bathroom. Same joint leaked for a few drips. I bumped it a little with the wrench. One more drip and it stopped. I reused the plastic pipe that was there. It was a bit crooked, I'm sure that's what caused my issue.

skydiver1958 t1_j8f2ou6 wrote

Those flex connectors don't require tape. They have a rubber seal and only need finger tight plus a quarter turn or so. It's possible the tape is preventing it from going far enough to hit the rubber seal. OR you cranked it too tight and effed up the seal. Take tape off. Look at rubber o ring inside. If it looks ok install properly( no tape) and check. If you get any drips carefully tighten more a bit at a time. If it still leaks go buy another flex hose. 5 year apprentice ship to learn how to attach braided lines LOL

djslivva t1_j8ae47x wrote

You have the right idea. Are you certain you applied the tape correctly? Proper torque on the nut?

CommercialTurkey t1_j8aefqv wrote

I applied it flat so it would fit in to the grooves and not mess up the threading at all. How much torque is proper? I may have tightened it too much