Submitted by Isobelcate t3_11bt8ri in DIY

Hello! Some help would be greatly appreciated as I need some leg raisers for my bed and have been looking for quite some time, but none of the options available for buying are tall enough. can anyone think of a way to do it myself? It’s a four-poster bed, I can attach the link to the exact bed if needed. Just not sure where to even start on a project like this.

Thank you

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

carlbernsen t1_j9zq8ht wrote

How. High. Do. You. Need. To. Raise. The. Bed?

Isobelcate OP t1_ja2j263 wrote

Roughly 30-50cm

carlbernsen t1_ja3xsbu wrote

Ok, 25cm is the typical highest bed leg raiser and they tend to rely on being compatible with a specific design of bed leg to attach securely.
For stability, if you don’t have the skills to construct a stable frame under the legs, I’d consider solid blocks of wood 30x30cm.
If you search for those you’ll find them on Etsy, etc. They’re not super cheap (£30 or so) but they’ll last and other sources like timber mills will be cheaper.

A piece of non slip mat under each one and between bed foot and block will keep the bed from gradually sliding over time.

Isobelcate OP t1_jaavc83 wrote

Thank you, my closest idea was to get solid blocks of wood with a central cutout the size of the bed legs for stability :)

carlbernsen t1_jac3hbe wrote

If you can make a central cut out or have one made, that would be secure, but you’ll also lose a bit of height that way so you’ll need taller blocks. The width of the blocks is important for stability.

StubbedToeBlues t1_ja2mp3c wrote

50cm is outrageously tall, and will be unstable for any traditional risers. You'd have to build an entire platform to hold the full weight of your bed up that tall, to avoid a 2:00am collapse

Isobelcate OP t1_jaauq66 wrote

It was a estimate from eyeballing it across the room, I highly doubt I actually want it that high it was just a extreme for a reference

BeginningCharacter36 t1_ja322kg wrote

Is it under-bed space you need, or mattress height for mobility reasons? For the former, contract a carpenter or cabinet maker to build a frame to accommodate your storage needs, and for the latter, buy a second box spring.

Isobelcate OP t1_jaav396 wrote

It’s honestly for aesthetic purposes, I have really tall ceilings and it’s a four poster so it looks rather silly and out of balance. From a practical standpoint it’s unnecessary, especially given I’m short and don’t need to be doing parkour into bed every night.