Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

StoneTemplePilates t1_j9vn2n2 wrote

−38

[deleted] OP t1_j9vsg9p wrote

[deleted]

StoneTemplePilates t1_j9vwyb7 wrote

Because most people don't have that on hand while they are in the middle of packing up their lives and moving out. It's also a dumb thing for a landlord to ask for in the first place. I've moved plenty of times into new houses, and never one time has it ever even crossed my mind to cover up nail holes from the previous owner, because you usually just put another picture over top of them anyway. Wall anchors are a different story, but making a big deal about nails and pinholes is just ridiculous.

−14

[deleted] OP t1_j9w1f9v wrote

[deleted]

StoneTemplePilates t1_j9w363k wrote

I mean, I've got tons of it, but most people aren't diy people, especially ones that live in apartments and come on here asking about filling holes.

I agree that holes larger than nail/pin size are appropriate to fill and said as much in my previous comment. I wouldn't make holes that size in an apartment wall though, and so wouldn't have much use for filler if I lived in one. And, if a landlord is asking for pin holes to be patched, toothpaste is as good as anything, considering that it's a completely unnecessary task in the first place.

−3