Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

McGauth925 t1_ja4azw5 wrote

Why is it so hard Todo the same now?

Because the people who have the power to do it were funded by the people that they would need to do it to. And, a conservative SCOTUS isn't likely to step in, after they decided that money = free speech, and that dark money campaign contributions don't harm actual democracy at all.

Honestly, you have no idea how scary your question is. The fact that you, and many others, would need to even ask it, tells me how little so many people know about how our country works. That's one of the things you can thank our corporate media for. This is part of why Bernie Sanders is advocating for a government-funded, but non-partisan/independent, non-profit news organization that actually informs people about what's going on. I don't see that working all that well, because the people who would be making the appointments in such an organization are, themselves, HIGHLY partisan.

Runaround46 t1_ja4drge wrote

More of a rhetorical question then a question that I was really looking for an answer. I obviously know how messed up things are.