Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

innovfitness OP t1_jao1dv9 wrote

I have been waiting for about five years to have snow low on Mount Diablo in California. So when this happened overnight, I was up early and went to the shot that I had planned. Took about five hours for the low clouds to clear, but this is what I got. Hope you like it.

If you like this, I want to see more, please visit: www.fitzsimonsphotography.net

fj333 t1_jaorehq wrote

I considered lugging my snowboard to the top on Monday morning but was too lazy. Some skier stole my idea though and a bunch of local news outlets ran his video. 😆

slackmeyer t1_jaow96d wrote

I think several skiers were up there, a friend of mine got some turns in and I heard about a few others. Apparently drifts were up to thigh deep.

22LT t1_japf091 wrote

yeah also a bunch of thieves too apparently. I heard several cars were broken into.

TVLL t1_japg815 wrote

Ahhh Bay Area, you never fail to disappoint. I'm surprised the thieves could get out of bed and get out into the cold.

Snow on Diablo isn't that rare. It usually happens every 3-5 years.

tminus7700 t1_japd519 wrote

We also had snow on Mission peak in Fremont Ca. This mountain peak is northSouth of Diablo. I can see it out my front window.

Edit: fixed direction of peak.

TVLL t1_japggnu wrote

South of Diablo. Diablo is in Contra Costa County, Mission Peak in southern Alameda County.

CoryTheDuck t1_jaqqsbx wrote

It's cool you hiked up there for this shot, it's a great photo.