Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

wo1f-cola t1_jbfxruc wrote

I visited Iceland with my wife in March of 2016, and we had planned to drives early in the morning to see the sunrise here. I had planned on proposing that morning.

The day before were walking around one of the many gorgeous waterfalls in Iceland, and we decided to follow a path leading away from where all the other tourists were. We found a secret waterfall that was hidden within a very short tunnel/cave. I said to hell with the plan and decided this was the spot. I told my wife I was setting ip the camera to get a picture of us, then proposed. She said yes, we’re happily married, yada yada yada. All this to say, Iceland is great.

Funny story though. The next day our car got stuck for 8 hours on the road because I tried to plow through a pile of snow drift on our way to Jokulsarlon. We never made it there, so good thing I asked the day before.

https://i.imgur.com/SQBp7sw.jpg

vagrantheather t1_jbgort8 wrote

Lol, I know that exact place, we visited in 2021. It is much more well known now! Too many people taking photos there to even really enter and explore. I'm glad you got to see it without the masses, I bet it felt incredible to stumble onto.

Purraxxus t1_jbgrc4a wrote

The trick is to go in the low season. When i went in October, it was pretty calm. I went in and out of there without coming across other people