Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

ImNotTenArtist t1_jdna9l2 wrote

I just want to sit here on a warm day and eat a sandwich.

dpdxguy t1_jdo6lqs wrote

I have done that. You are right to want to. :)

DangerSwan33 t1_jdpze4t wrote

Having also done this, yes.

It's one of my favorite memories.

itsnotreal1234 t1_jdqgkb2 wrote

I’m so excited to go there for the first time this may! I can’t wait. Such a beautiful state

IamTheAggMan t1_jdoe60x wrote

Get it from Scratch!

OhGodNotAnotherOne t1_jdozzcl wrote

Man, reminds me of the one time I roadtripped to CO with my dog.

Stopped at Scratch for a nice looking London Broil sub only to stop for a photo moment (which is all CO) and forget about it for 5 minutes.

5 minutes.

My dog had the best sandwich of their life that day and we were too far away to replace it.

I ate a shitty gas station hotdog an hour later.

Still, best trip of my life l, Colorado is something else.

ThrashNet t1_jdp13l0 wrote

Sounds like the best trip of your dog's life as well!

[deleted] t1_jdplku4 wrote

I find it very hard to pick between UT and CO. Grew up in CO but live now in UT. Both are extremely pretty states with natural beauty beyond words. Both are very different.

ShowMeYourMinerals t1_jdspdbh wrote

Yeah, but the culture of Utah is significantly different. If you’re white and Mormon maybe it will work out for you.

But the whole beer / no weed thing is really a buzz kill for me. I don’t smoke, but I think the government has no business in how you spend your time.

[deleted] t1_jdt15ql wrote

It definitely is. Though demographics here are changing too. Provo has a significant pride presence now and an annual parade. The monthly summer farmers market has drag queens walking around. Medicinal Marijuana is now allowed. It's slow but it is getting better around here.

Randyd718 t1_jdqhudg wrote

Scratch kitchen?

IamTheAggMan t1_jdto2ej wrote

If that's in Boulder, no. This little place is Scratch Deli & Bakery in Estes. Everything is homemade from the bread to the corned beef. The cheesesteak is insane.

_MindOverDarkMatter_ t1_jdosn7v wrote

There are chipmunks at this lake and they will eat anything you leave :)

superlewis t1_jdp76g1 wrote

More accurately, they will literally crawl up next to you and steal anything you aren't actively protecting for a split second.

HoneyBee275 t1_jdruc7y wrote

One jumped on my back and tried to climb over my shoulder to get my lunch. They have absolutely no fear of people at this lake. I think I'll eat somewhere else next time!

TheTrub t1_jdpyc8e wrote

An elk will bully you and take that sandwich.

hyperfat t1_jdr0auh wrote

The summer random rain there is nice. That area is great hiking.

I used to camp with my family there for years. Now I'm just an hour away. :)

If you like that, check out garden of the gods.

sarkhan_da_crazy t1_jdrdzsb wrote

We did this hike in late May a few years ago, beautiful sunny morning. We were kinda new to the area and not used to the elevation, so we took our time eating lunch while debating how much further we wanted to hike. The clouds, meanwhile, had started to roll in from over the mountains (the right side in this pic), and next thing we know, we are getting snowed on. It didn't last very long before the sun peaked through the clouds, and we were in this marvelous location in full sun, getting snowed on. We decided to just hang out here for a while longer and headed back to the car when we were ready to leave.