Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

justerikfotos OP t1_jck2qvo wrote

Dear Redditors, in this photo you can find fjords of Norway, light beams, dramatic low clouds, and snow-covered landscapes.. what else could you ask for more? This photo pretty much sums up my trip to Lofoten Islands this year. It was cloudy all the way and we didn't get any good chance of seeing any good northern lights. Thankfully, I was treated with epic clouds almost every day. I actually loved conditions like these better because I didn't need to stay up late. Haha.

If you like my photo, you can visit my website or Instagram for more. Thanks for reading.

AmishAvenger t1_jcl0bmn wrote

Great picture, and great Instagram too.

Did you use a drone, or was this from the top of a mountain? This really has a cool look to it β€” it’s definitely an unusual decision to darken so much of a landscape image, but it paid off!

justerikfotos OP t1_jcmc6ss wrote

Thank you. The idea of underexposing it and lighten up the light beams really did the trick. It was shot using a drone launching on a mountain.

hamjamham t1_jcoibpn wrote

Love the shot! May I make one tiny suggestion though? Reduce the temperature enhancement on the rays as it looks out of place/jarring. The light isn't that colour at that time of the day, I get the train of thought behind the decision to do so, its just a little heavy handed πŸ™

Jtoy1002 t1_jcnsrn1 wrote

Everything I see about Norway makes me want to visit my family there more and more, amazing picture! Great job!