Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Due-Foundation-4012 t1_ismgyih wrote

Is this recent? Going for the first time mid November!

satellite779 OP t1_ismhi4j wrote

Yesterday. I wouldn't expect to get this view in November though. There's a good chance this area will be covered in snow, although we had some crazy hot weather recently (over 80F today in Seattle!) so who knows...

In general, July/August/September are the best, though snow can linger well into July if winter had a lot of snow. Before July most likely it will be snow covered.

Bigbluebananas t1_isn6kav wrote

Most of the foliage coloring will be gone, snow up at paradise and limited visibility likely, but theres always a chance for a clear day!

Affectionate_Ad540 t1_isnyu9i wrote

Howdy! I am planning future road trip to Mt R and coming north from Stevenson. Which road is better, closer to Mt Saint Helen's, or Mt Adam's? they both converge in a small town south of Mt Ranier. Thanks for any insight.

satellite779 OP t1_isog3hn wrote

I've only driven the roads that I think you talk about once. They are all paved. But, as far as I remember, the road that goes closer to St Helens had a lot of dips, bumps (not potholes), was narrow and was partially overgrown. I don't remember the road closer to Mt Adams so I assume it was better.

Maybe you should ask this question at r/Washington as a separate post to get more visibility.

BurntLemonade t1_isooe3u wrote

That looks so cool! Awesome fall colors

AutoModerator t1_ismfqu9 wrote

Hi satellite779! Dont worry, this message does not mean that your post is removed. This is a reminder to quickly check your post to make sure it doesnt break any of our rules. Human moderators check the following --

Thanks!

I am a bot, and this action was performed automatically. Please contact the moderators of this subreddit if you have any questions or concerns.

Danimalx87 t1_isouzna wrote

I want to hike up that trail soooooooo badly!

satellite779 OP t1_isp5qjk wrote

The trail in the photo is not actually an official trail. People just wander wherever and create these scars. They should stay on official trails. Otherwise, there will be no plants which makes this view so pretty.

Danimalx87 t1_ispaqpb wrote

Oh that sucks, the forbidden trail!! Makes me want it more, but respectfully I wouldn't :D

satellite779 OP t1_ispi5nv wrote

It's more about preserving the fragile ecosystem so everyone can enjoy its beauty. If everyone is walking wherever just to get that perfect Instagram shot, there would be no plants, just dust. Lower portions of Paradise area are in a pretty bad shape from people not respecting the rules.

pdx503 t1_isoylmm wrote

Iā€™d love to hike this, but i have never been. Which trail is it?

satellite779 OP t1_isp5jv5 wrote

Dead horse creek trail, parallel to Skyline trail

pdx503 t1_isp85y9 wrote

Sweet, thanks for the names šŸ‘šŸ»