Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

the_god_o_war t1_iw5wlo9 wrote

Ive been here, i believe it's near bar harbor/portland area, theres a staircase behind this that leads to a little area to change/shower off for swimming, about 30% the shore looks like this so i might have the wrong location

Personal-Tip-8876 t1_iw6uvsw wrote

portland is a 3 hour drive away

the_god_o_war t1_iw8vmsq wrote

I see im an idiot, have been there 2x but still couldn't remember lol, yet i can remember cherrystone park by cape charles va like the back of my hand and i don't like anywhere near there anymore

The sand bar is nice, at low tide you can walk pretty damn far, theres different types of seaweed, one is a yellow brown with bubbles, it sorta smells like seaweed + mushrooms, weird stones, plenty of shells, and some other stuff, theres a stone wall by it that i sat on and ate lunch, they also have a fairy ride that goes by bar island

Personal-Tip-8876 t1_iw8yc1h wrote

it’s so beautiful! they filmed a scene from ‘the cider house rules’ on the beach with Charlize Theron, Paul Rudd, and Toby Mcguire

the_god_o_war t1_iw8zkck wrote

Maine is just better, very lax laws, with a very close knit community, most of maine is a great place to live

the cities are full of our crazies though, the shouting guy in presque isle just recently stopped do to temps i think, never really payed attention to what he was shouting about, but he's normally always by the central city brick building area, just ranting loudly