Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

danirijeka t1_iyuostt wrote

It can be not too late like this year, but it's risky - it often rains in November and it's nowhere near warm enough to put on a mac and hike anyway, and if you can't hike there's comparatively little to do, especially up in the valleys. November is a transition month between summer season and winter season, so a lot of restaurants, hotels and such will be closed.

However, Christmas markets open earlier every year and so you do have something to do in late November.

Ionisation t1_iyvlpdh wrote

> it's nowhere near warm enough to put on a mac and hike anyway

Baffled by this comment lol. Of course you can just bring suitable clothes...

danirijeka t1_iyvpo4p wrote

It's not going to be an enjoyable hike, at any rate.

I wouldn't spend money (I wouldn't do it for free, either, even if it's literally outside the house) to hike through foggy woods and slippery meadows and get possibly lost in the process, but you do you, I guess?

Ionisation t1_iyvt7m5 wrote

Idk, winter hikes are probably my favourite. I've climbed mountains in -50 in the Arctic, although on second thoughts I might be a bit nuts, yes

danirijeka t1_iyvvucx wrote

You're not wrong, winter hikes here are great! They're a lot better than late autumn outings - it's a lot drier and there's little chance of rain. Late autumn hikes tend to leave one very soggy.

But hey, dedicated hikers will find something to like in the late autumn muddy slogs too, I guess. :D