Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

windsweptwonder t1_j2p4eob wrote

The peak you refer to is part of Nuptse, which forms a ridge all the way along to Lhotse, which itself joins the main peak of Everest through a ridge. Everest is visible here, the small peak just showing left of centre in the gap between the two closer peaks.

AlphaIrwin OP t1_j2pidwp wrote

You are right. I was highly disappointed when I arrived at EBC, and Ama Dablam is significantly better than EBC.

My guide told me Annapurna Circuit and Mustang Valley are better than the EBC trek.

windsweptwonder t1_j2pjiud wrote

I disagree on that… I did the Annapurna circuit back in 2014 and I’ve done part of the 3 passes and the EBC twice now since then. I found the people through the Khumbu more friendly, the scenery and trekking more awesome and the lack of roads a winner. The AC has too many roads and vehicles for enjoyable walking. I’d like to do the Manaslu circuit if I could, and it looks like Mustang would be really cool, although much more desolate. I loved Nepal. I’d like to go back but I’m into my 60s now and it’s a massive challenge. We are lucky to have been and seen it, my friend.

AlphaIrwin OP t1_j2pz330 wrote

Maybe the guide was trying to sell me the Annapurna Circuit gif; he did say that AC has more greens than EBC.

You are right; people in Khumbu are very friendly, and I want to try all Nepal regions.

I hope that I will see you on the trek.