Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

manwithafrotto t1_ja7wyb4 wrote

Cool picture, and I love Kauai, but you should work on composition. It’s not level and the top is cut off

−6

TearLegitimate2606 OP t1_ja92eca wrote

Ya have you tried shooting from a helicopter? Composition goes out of the window, literally. You click as many pics as possible in any angle possible. Then when you edit it, you try to align the horizon and unfortunately the trade off here was either to keep the horizon straight or the full mountains. I went with the former.

Again composition is subjective and it’s to tell a story. Here the cutoff mountains beautifully tells the story of an hobbyist trying to capture the beauty of napali coast from helicopter.

roosterjack77 t1_ja9kfr3 wrote

I thought the composition added to the effect > doors off helicopter tour. I was like, yep, I can feel it. Thanks for sharing

manwithafrotto t1_ja9ju38 wrote

A few times, yes. If you’re having trouble keeping your camera level just zoom out a bit and crop later. My last heli tour in Kauai I had a 5Dmk4 and only brought a 24-70 2.8L. I didn’t have any problems other than a couple blurry pics when it got foggy and my shutter speed dropped while the helicopter was moving faster.

Edit. I would imagine if I had the R5 at the time and the new RF24-70 I would have had a lot more keepers