Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Actaeus86 t1_jdtakcm wrote

UBI will never happen on a global, or national level. Most likely not even on a state level. It’s a nice dream to think everyone will be able to get paid to sit around and do nothing but it will not happen.

Newhereeeeee OP t1_jdtct85 wrote

Great, but didn’t mention UBI

Actaeus86 t1_jdtdgav wrote

Not but tons of people who have commented have mentioned it.

Newhereeeeee OP t1_jdtivan wrote

I think it’ll come regardless. Corporations will be taxed to keep social services running. More people will end up needing social services because they’re not working. Shelters, food banks, unemployment etc. UBI as a social service is just the next step.

czk_21 t1_jdvjoeo wrote

oh really? when AI will be able to do everythign humans do-and much more efficiently, there is no reason for human to be in work anymore, its same concept which exists now and existed all the time, those who are better at the job replace those who are bad

for human society not to collapse, there needs to be some form of UBI, so I would say its basically guaranteed to happen, its just extended social benefits system which we have now

Actaeus86 t1_jdwcm9k wrote

The United States congress can’t manage to agree on anything, can you imagine trying to get the entire world to agree? Poorer countries wouldn’t be able to afford it, and I doubt rich countries will pay for it in other countries.