Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

YawnTractor_1756 t1_jd2h9zc wrote

No, these headlines are not consensus of large group of scientists. He interprets IPCC reports whatever he sees fit for headlines and dramatizes science to the point of perversion.

Dramatic and factually false headlines have clear psychological side effects on people with unknown long term consequences. I regularly see people on this sub citing climate as *main* reason they do not have kids or do not plan for future.

Thanks to headlines like this. Thanks to people like him. And to people like you who see nothing special in his lies, because "the cause is just".

cptn__ t1_jd2tkxi wrote

Dramatizes? Because he uses terms such as "suicidal", when it's a perfect analogy for how we are self harming with our excessive pollution.

It sounds more like you're upset you can't stay ignorant anymore and have been forced to stare the inconvenient truth in the face. It should absolutely shock and affect peoples behavior, because it's not some fake propaganda or a Mayan' doomsday prediction, it's an inevitable fact, and the best solution we have right now is to try our best to work together to mitigate its effects.

YawnTractor_1756 t1_jd35yq3 wrote

I never was ignorant and listened to scientist opinion on the matter since I first got a wind of it 20 years now.

You making accusations and assumptions is just you making yourself an excuse to continue supporting people making hysterical doomer false comments and hurting other people's lives and futures with those comments. Lives that should not have been otherwise hurt by any real climate danger.