Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

MT_Kinetic_Mountain t1_jczy637 wrote

Hasn't done anything wrong with the company so far. Anyway, Gwynne Shotwell is in charge of Starship now and she's as qualified as you can get in SpaceX.

Zeustitandog t1_jczyw54 wrote

The fact you say so far is all that really needs to be said

No matter how qualified of workers you have or even leaders

If the guy at top can randomly fuck everything up at any moment

Aslong as Twitter keeps musky occupied I do believe space x will do amazing things

But the fact we have a slave owner raised man child leading the future of space exploration is a tad bit scary

Maybe I’m just stupid tho

MT_Kinetic_Mountain t1_jd003dz wrote

I say so far because I'm not blessed with the ability to see into the future, and I don't like eating my words.

Yeah, you are correct. Leadership is important. Musk has been important to SpaceX since the early days. That dynamic has likely changed since the regularity of Falcon 9 launches (like 3 launches in 3 days or something, it's fucking insane)

Musk is an idiot for getting involved in twitter. The only way to fix twitter is with diesel and matches (along with most other social platforms)

No comment on the slave owner thing because that's new to me.

We're still quite a while away from SpaceX sending private astronauts for space colonisation. It will mostly be scientists from nasa and other space orgs

I don't know you and therefore cannot and will not make any comments on whether you're stupid or not

Bonus: Have a nice day :)

Zeustitandog t1_jd016t5 wrote

Sorry definitely gonna make multiple comments his father I believe owned an emerald mine which employed slavery and he is known to have benifits from that

Agree with everything up to that part so far

okmiddle t1_jd0tn3l wrote

Source that it employed slavery? Everything I have read says that he once owned $80,000 worth of shares in a mine in Zambia.

none-ya-mouse t1_jd1ue01 wrote

His father owned an emerald mine. Possible it has some abusive labor practices, but unlikely to be outright slavery in 1969.

His father was elected to a city council running for the anti-apartheid party, so if he was a "slave-owner", he was running against his own interests.

Zeustitandog t1_jd2kz3b wrote

They beat slaves to death and there was proof they starved children to death

I literally won’t even read past the possibly abusive labor practices

They starved kids

And beat adults to the point they couldn’t walk

If that isn’t abusive labor practices you need mental help

Zeustitandog t1_jd01fcy wrote

Thanks for the nice day

Sadly I do believe corporations will be the first to send astronauts deeper into space then any government agency has so far

If ya remember Altho you won’t remind me in 15 ish years when we send someone to the asteroid belt

Altho I will say that space x will be sending people far out on government money

−3

MT_Kinetic_Mountain t1_jd04ma5 wrote

My original comment was about the the renewed hope in space. I was expressing excitement about the new horizons we can achieve.

So, thanks for really bringing down the vibes, bro. I'm well aware of Elon's alleged past (from what I've heard, the emerald mine hasn't really been backed up). Either way, I'm ignoring Elon and focusing on SpaceX. The company filled with aspiring people in both leadership and in employees. They began the company with the dream of revolutionising humanity's perspective of space and they've more than achieved that and they're still achieving more. That's impressive and rare in these times. I think, (maybe hope is a better word) SpaceX will provide a huge net positive for this planet, and I eagerly wait to see where we will go.

There's my little speech done. I'm done with Elon and his shit. I just don't care anymore. Just because I'd wasted time idolising him in the past, doesn't mean I'm gonna spend the future hate-worshipping him. It's boring.

Zeustitandog t1_jd05z1r wrote

Well this is a change didnt know about the slaves before now you do

Elon himself has backed the emerald mine up so idk where you getting it’s fake from It’s very well known to be true

America is filled with apiring people and hard working ones has been for well over a century

We invented nukes the most terrifying weapons in existence We’ve created cures for many diseases

We’ve created diseases worst then anything god could make and I’m not even religious

Net positive definitely won’t be done other then earth applications space costs a fuckton and has infinite potential

Takes a fuckton to even tap into that potential though

Didn’t hate worship him just pointing out the fact one of humanities greatest chances for space exploration their main leader is a toddler

If that’s hate worship to you you definitely a child because I could go a lot worst then that have you been on the internet long?

And hope is definitely a better word because there’s very little chance it gets far enough fast enough

−7

Sockbottom69 t1_jd0mhqm wrote

It's great that he took his shitty dad's money and did great things with it, props to Elon 👍

Zeustitandog t1_jd0tm9z wrote

He damn near broke a multi billion dollar company in half a year

He got a electric car a few years early that’s collecting good minds not doing anything impressive

Now he’s slowing down electric car technology doing the same things he once preached against

He hasn’t done great things he’s a the one in a million millionaires that becomes a billionaire

−2

Sockbottom69 t1_jd0wnm9 wrote

"He got a electric car a few years early"

Do you mean he started an electric car company that everyone thought that would would have no chance of succeeding and turned it into the most valuable car company in the world?

You don't think him starting SpaceX was a great thing? Another feat no one believed would work?

Zeustitandog t1_jd154pw wrote

I do believe him starting space x was a bad thing actually good by technicalities

If we had given the money we gave to space x to NASA years earlier instead of starting up a space company we could of done something new not just doing the same thing but a new person doing it omg

−2

MT_Kinetic_Mountain t1_jd24yyr wrote

Everytime the government gives NASA money, the wrap it up in a bunch of conditions that effectively hampers any real work they can do. Think about how much money they wasted on SLS for it to basically be an old rehash using old engines and providing no real benefit. Even nasa acknowledges how much of a success the commercial program has been. They no longer have to fork over huge sums of money to Russia just for access to the ISS. SpaceX proved that Old Space was holding things back.

Curb your Elon hate boner and acknowledge these amazing people and their amazing achievements

Zeustitandog t1_jd2kvo4 wrote

And half of these problems are literally being solved in your own comment

If the only issue is money

And we’re giving billions to a new player

Idk

Maybe the money going to old player

Would do more omg

NASA has asked for a new rocket for decades and the government hasn’t paid in

Your love boner for Elon has ignored the fact even NASA admitted if they kept their budget from the 60s we coulda had men on the moon 24/7 along with possible asteroid visits in the 2020s aka this decade

Your the one who won’t realize starting space over and over is dumb

Half of the rocket tech in space x ain’t even new their using old ideas with tens of billions to make new ones

Wow

Almost like someone else coulda done that for the public

−1

Jaker788 t1_jd2oqgm wrote

NASA has been given billions for a new rocket. It's called the SLS. That was the cheap option. Building a new rocket through the many private contractors that actually build it would have been a never ending nightmare.

SpaceX has made rocket engines more powerful and more advanced than any organization has done before. The Raptor is by far more than NASA would've gone for because those other companies would've said it's too hard.

I think you fail to realize how difficult it all is. More money to NASA wouldn't solve anything right now, we wouldn't be getting a new rocket, NASA doesn't even want a new rocket to maintain. They like having a private contractor with their own complete rocket with everything handled on their end, and NASA simply paying for a launch. SpaceX is the biggest reason and the biggest advocate of fixed price contracts compared to the old companies like Boeing and their failed Starliner still wanting cost+, that's another win for NASA and space progress as well

Zeustitandog t1_jd3lwsw wrote

Honestly arguing with you is pointless at this point

You keep saying what I’m saying

Then saying and that’s why space x is good

The reasons space x are good are why NASA is bad

It would be pretty damn simple to change NASA those ways but there was no arguable reason to because of the issues you mentioned

Until now when other companies saw the chance to get in on a government contract

I’m stupid in a lot of things but not reading comprehension

You on the other hand

Might not be stupid in a lot of things but definitely are reading comprehension

And if you can’t understand what you read I doubt you’d be able to do anything

MT_Kinetic_Mountain t1_jd2q4vs wrote

Yeah, I don't think I'm going to bother to respond since its clear that you're completely ignorant on this.

Check out Eric Berger's Lift Off. He's a very competent space reporter and he wrote this book detailing the early exploits of SpaceX. It's definitely worth a read and really puts into frame what SpaceX have achieved here. And no it's not a love letter to Elon. It's got genuine recounts from the early employees of the company.

In your first reply to my comment, you'd suggested that you might be "stupid tho". I can't confirm anything for sure, but there is a chance you might be. Good luck with that. :)

Zeustitandog t1_jd3l53i wrote

I’d probably take NASA scientist and other government space agencies workers then a dude talking about the company he has investment in

Also what drugs were you on I need a few kids like that you went from nice and competent to idiot you need your pills m8

−1

MT_Kinetic_Mountain t1_jd4gvbb wrote

Bro, you brought your negative ass attitude and reformer mindset into my comment about the the hopes for the future of space. Literally trying to make SpaceX seem worthless on a post about its success. I was being nice at first. I told you Idgaf about Elon anymore, only SpaceX and you doubled down with whatever repetitive Elon put downs twitter regularly likes to spout.

If you want content like that, go to r/enoughmuskspam

You might actually like the content there, despite their name making absolutely no sense

Zeustitandog t1_jd4hf87 wrote

Damn why so negative

I said the money shoulda been in NASA

You get this pissy

Talking about negative when you acting like this

Sockbottom69 t1_jd1eg2w wrote

Uhh SpaceX did do something new, they made reusable rockets which makes sending payloads to space waayyy cheaper and waayyy faster

Reddit-runner t1_jd2b8mk wrote

>But the fact we have a slave owner raised man child

Why would you gobble up and repeat such obvious wrong statements?

Musk has undoubtedly questionable views on many topics, but that doesn't mean we have to abandoned truth all together.

Zeustitandog t1_jd2km82 wrote

Well it’s a well known fact so I wouldn’t

If you can’t do the basics that owning majority share in a slave mine = slave owner it’s pretty damn simple

You don’t gotta beat the slave yourself for it to be true he could walk in there and out with a slave

Reddit-runner t1_jd2ml6s wrote

>If you can’t do the basics that owning majority share in a slave mine

That's exactly the part which isn't true.

Your particular social media bubble might tell you otherwise and will even link you dubious third hand info articles. But do yourself a favour and try to look up the name and location of that mine.

You will be very surprised.

Zeustitandog t1_jd3m4vh wrote

700 thousand out of a 1.8 million

You saying some other dude owned the rest of the mine

Or you just talking about your Elon boner media

Reddit-runner t1_jd3wnw8 wrote

I'm saying the whole story is not true.

It's completely made up!

You will realise this once you try to look up the name or the location of this supposed mine.

To make my point very clear. I'll send you 50€ if your next comment contains the name and the location (together with verifiable sources) of the mine you think made Elon Musk "the son of a slave owner".

Zeustitandog t1_jd3xbor wrote

Well since you wanna bring up reading

I physically can’t you dumbass

His dad owned slaves

He’s the son of a slave owner

I never said he owned slaves

I said his daddy did and he could

Dumbass

If you rephrase that sentance I can answer it but for now it’s gibberish

thecatwhatcandrive t1_jd3nenz wrote

"It's a well known fact"

Got a source you'd like to share? I'd love to be as enlightened as you are on the subject, but I can't just take some random lunatic from the internet's word that it's fact.

And you can fuckin' miss me with "do your own research". Where can I read this information you've got?

TheHiveminder t1_jd2m44l wrote

> Maybe I’m just stupid tho

You said it, Redditor for less than 2 months.

Fresque t1_jd1qs1n wrote

I think he knows too well not to fuck with SpaceX.

Anything else is fair game, though.

−1

Zeustitandog t1_jd2l51x wrote

Once again proving my point

Anything else is fair game

The current basically world leading space exploration

Is led by a toddler who’s told he will get in trouble if he breaks it

And nobody sees issue from that because the people working on it are smart

It’s like having congress full of actual smart people every function of the government as a functioning intelligent person

Then having a literal toddler at the presidents office

Shit will definitely get done but it might get fucked up

Fresque t1_jd2o06f wrote

I never said he wasn't a toddler or defended the guy

Zeustitandog t1_jd3lzup wrote

And I never said you were defending the guy nor did I say you did