Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

nosnevenaes t1_jdl0klr wrote

I think in 100 years people will look back at history and not understand the concept of privacy.

Better_Path5755 t1_jdl5thq wrote

Or they’ll understand it and wonder what took us so long to understand it.

Throwaway-tan t1_jdlc0va wrote

Or they'll understand it and wish we fought for it, then get punished by their boss for "attention theft" because their brainwave monitor said they weren't focused on their job for 30 seconds.

Amookoo t1_jdllmxc wrote

You assume people will have to work when these technologies exist en masse.

Very negative.

Throwaway-tan t1_jdllyz3 wrote

As the value of human life decreases I think some form of indentured servitude will continue to exist.

Amookoo t1_jdlmslk wrote

The thing is you are looking for pain. There will be no bondage but for those that seek it. Especially in a society with "Individual Brainwave Monitors"

−7

[deleted] t1_jdmhxdi wrote

[deleted]

Amookoo t1_jdp80bo wrote

Please don't whinge at me for your failure to keep yourself content. Life is a meaningless sack of placebo. It's futility. It's dogma all the way down, yet I'm still coming out happy. If you truly think this way, grab a gun and go solve some problems: yours or the actual ones preventing progress. If you find you cant, then strap yourself down for life, because it doesn't care how much you mope.

MockStarket t1_jdpkao4 wrote

That's deep man. Good luck in life is all I got to say. Hope you're trolling.

WildGrem7 t1_jdpq3q0 wrote

This is the kind of thinking that makes people think, fuck everyone else, my shit is more important. Jeeze.