Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Sec9PublicSecurity t1_ir761yh wrote

Advertisements are getting to a point they will have a negative effect. They are getting so pushy with advertisements that it’s going to cause people away.

Example, I was using Dr. Squatch, looked up the bars they had online for different scents and got bombarded with Dr. Squatch ads all day when doing things online.

I buy from a local guy for cold press bars now and will never buy another Dr. Squatch cus of the advertisement overflow.

Evethewolfoxo t1_ir7b5jv wrote

The issue is it’s already gotten to that point. Back in ye olden days you had a couple ads strewn about the newspaper pages, maybe some on telephone poles or posted inside businesses, or even billboards. Now you open up any (shitty) news website and you have the article strewn about the ads, or even the website we’re using now has ads disguised as posts. It’s too fuckin much. Turn on the radio, ads, turn on tv, minutes of ads, try to read something online, ads. They pay for these things, sure, but at what cost? I refuse to use radio when i can just pirate or buy music direct from bands. I refuse to watch TV cause i can play a game and only stop when needed rather than stopping for upwards of 30 minutes total to watch a 30 minute episode. Hell i downvote every ad i see. Does it do anything? No, but i’m just fed up with it.