Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Talldarkn67 t1_isza4gj wrote

Australia can drop their emissions by 100% and it would make little difference if top polluters like China and India keep pumping out record amounts of air and plastic pollution every year.

Why focus on the countries that produce the least amount of pollution while ignoring the ones that produce the most? It has to be the most counterproductive approach to stopping a problem in world history. We live in 🤡world.

−7

orangutanoz t1_iszec47 wrote

Australia is the highest per capita polluter.

Kunama_Namadgi t1_it1minj wrote

No it isn’t it is #13, we can do better but that is a blatant lie. Australia is just and I mean just ahead of the US and Canada.

orangutanoz t1_it1mwwy wrote

https://amp.theguardian.com/environment/2021/nov/12/australia-shown-to-have-highest-greenhouse-gas-emissions-from-coal-in-world-on-per-capita-basis

I don’t know shit. My bad for taking the Guardian’s word for it.

Edit: I meant in terms of coal but I just had surgery and didn’t properly look up the static I was referring to until just now. Feeling much less goofy now thanks.

Kunama_Namadgi t1_it1nsba wrote

That’s fine mate we can do better and are making massive strides but don’t need false stats. The state I live in is carbon neutral and even sales of new cars have been banned ACT. A small area admittedly but it’s a step in the right direction.

lamsiyuen t1_iszmjxa wrote

I don’t think we are “ignoring” US and China, the top two polluters in the world. There’s many articles about how US and China can do better, and it doesn’t hurt to have an article about how Australia can do better

rigobueno t1_iszrq28 wrote

Stop letting perfection be the enemy of good, mr. clown world.

o_MrBombastic_o t1_it0ls9y wrote

Well we might as well just give up than, guess it's not worth doing, pack it up boys can't win don't try

dunderpust t1_it2t8rp wrote

Exactly! Why should China do anything, India will still be emitting CO2. And why should India do anything, the US will still be emitting CO2. And why should the US do anything...(reclusive loop detected)