Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

stupendousman t1_it8p02h wrote

> Only as long as you're one of the 'winners' in the game.

Translation:

I'm afraid I won't win according to my own subjective values in a situation where I need to provide value to others.

>Those without resources or benefits or equal footing, are the losers in the capitalism game.

First, people are individuals, there is no way to make them all equal. Second, there are many people who start with nothing and become wealthy. Third, again, you're afraid you can't do so.

>The problem is, most don't even know how stacked it's become.

Almost all market interventions which affect competition is from state organizations. My guess is you want those same states to intervene to support you.

My_soliloquy t1_it8sj14 wrote

Nope, I retired 12 years ago at 43, I already "won" at life, and yes it was state organization's that enabled me to do so. Transportation, communication, manufacturing and government among others, still use them and pay my taxes and try to get along with neighbors. Also encourage resonable competition inside of industries unless the state needed to step in to reduce monopolies and price gouging.

But I can acknowledge how fortunate I am, and how the deck is so currently stacked against others.

stupendousman t1_it8zu8w wrote

> and yes it was state organization's that enabled me to do so.

So you happily used ill-gotten resources to benefit yourself, and then turn around and critique people who didn't but succeeded without doing what you did.

> Also encourage resonable competition

You types are always wannabe dictators. You'll define reasonable, as it should be huh?

>price gouging

Sophistic political term, like union busting, X-phobia, etc.

>But I can acknowledge how fortunate I am, and how the deck is so currently stacked against others.

The deck is stacked due to people like you. Aren't you grand having concern for the little people?

I've had successes and failure, large and small. I've never lied, cheated, used ill-gotten gains, etc.

I'm far more suited to critical analysis than you are.

My_soliloquy t1_it9jeox wrote

Nice try, but I don't lie, cheat or steal either, always fully worked for a wage or if I made investment gains, I still pay more than my fair share of taxes, never taken more than I needed and I cooperate with my neighbors and contribute to my local economy. The state enabled the roads, the emergency services and other services I (and you) use, that's what I mean by the state enabled me.

Capitalism eventually consolidates, that's where it fails.