Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Eveelution07 t1_itis32q wrote

It's nice to know we'll have people out opioid hunting with shotguns at some point in the future

jamesbrownscrackpipe t1_itizsz4 wrote

The truly industrious junkies will train falcons to intercept them.

Aerodrive160 t1_itjazii wrote

Coming soon, falcon junkies

Vicsposure t1_itk8s9x wrote

News anchor: breaking news; the falcon junkies has hijacked opioid deliveries from the sky. The notorious junkies continue to plague the drone delivery industry.

kefka06 t1_itjmazx wrote

Probably the best thing I’ve ever read. Oxy skeet shooting. Love it.

ILikeCutePuppies t1_iua27zo wrote

Lol, have fun with that. As the war had shown, drones are really different to shoot out of the sky. Also if you get caught firing into the sky and it lands on someone else's property or you fire from outside your property you'll be arrested.

It's completely irresponsible to use a firearm like that particular at a drone that may be carrying life saving items.

tonymmorley OP t1_itikf78 wrote

The team at Zipline, renowned for their truly astounding success in Africa (The Super-Fast Logistics of Delivering Blood By Drone), are beginning operations Salt Lake City, Utah, United States.

>"The startup is promising on-demand deliveries directly to patients’ homes in “as little as 15 minutes,” and plans to gradually e), are beginning operations in Salt Lake City, Utah, United States. e years"

Zipline isn't a small-scale proof of concept, it's a game changer with enormous potential, particularly in low and middle-income countries. To date, they have flown a truly amazing 30 million miles, 48 million kilometres, flying 423,409 commercial deliveries with a reach of 25 million serviceable customers.

>"Every four minutes, ‍someone's life is made better by a Zipline delivery"

UppityPotHead t1_itjm4fk wrote

They do this in Ghana & Tanzania. It’s awesome the results have been life changing. It marks your gps through whatsapp. Dope

Herr_Klaus t1_itkk3ri wrote

I just watched a clip on YouTube about how it works in Rwanda. Very impressive. It's nice to see that we're using these things for something meaningful besides war and holiday videos.

Parano_Oid t1_itjihbm wrote

I work in a hospital lab in a city in the US that has lower restrictions for drone flying. Because of this we may be one of the first ones to use drones to travel samples and blood products between locations. What a time to be alive.

ILikeCutePuppies t1_iua2nig wrote

That is very cool.

I am guessing you'll be using something like Matternet as zipline seems to be more for rural areas as they use parachutes. Matternet's solution is more adapted for blood samples between medical facilities.

D34TH_5MURF__ t1_itiwwsf wrote

They can drop the antidotes to all the toxic dust from the Great Salt Lake as it dries up.

Hampsterman82 t1_itk82om wrote

No... They can't... Cause the antidote is a metric crapton of more fresh water feeding into the lake. And realistically nobody has it to spare. Not any pill to take that'll make polluted dust storms healthy.

FuturologyBot t1_itioc2i wrote

The following submission statement was provided by /u/tonymmorley:

The team at Zipline, renowned for their truly astounding success in Africa (The Super-Fast Logistics of Delivering Blood By Drone), are beginning operations Salt Lake City, Utah, United States.

>"The startup is promising on-demand deliveries directly to patients’ homes in “as little as 15 minutes,” and plans to gradually e), are beginning operations in Salt Lake City, Utah, United States. e years"

Zipline isn't a small-scale proof of concept, it's a game changer with enormous potential, particularly in low and middle-income countries. To date, they have flown a truly amazing 30 million miles, 48 million kilometres, flying 423,409 commercial deliveries with a reach of 25 million serviceable customers.

>"Every four minutes, ‍someone's life is made better by a Zipline delivery"

Please reply to OP's comment here: https://old.reddit.com/r/Futurology/comments/ybue03/ziplines_drones_to_deliver_medicine_in_salt_lake/itikf78/

ILikeCutePuppies t1_iua1jtp wrote

Matternet just go full approval for 135 back in September. It looks like the FAA are finally starting to approve drones for the wider drone markets. Maybe finally drones can start to scale up in the US.

https://mttr.net/

FlounderOdd7234 t1_itizlju wrote

Drones have come a long way. If they truly do as intended, it’s a great thing. However, someone will always get their hands on them, and misuse them( my opinion)

MH_VOID t1_itizrr4 wrote

I thought it said they'd be delivering meds over ziplines at first

−1