Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

yourSAS OP t1_itqyl66 wrote

The panel seems interesting although I have no idea why they decided to include a boxer (to decide hands-on fight stategy in case human v/s aliens?)

However, it's good to see them being open about this and share their analysis/findings. I hope this a good step in direction of disassociating the stigma that UFO = alien ship

LightningRodofH8 t1_itr8qei wrote

I think it's safe to assume NASA included her for her Astrophysics and Data Science background.

From the linked article:

>Astrophysicist, data scientist, and boxer Federica Bianco, focuses on using data science to study the universe. Bianco is a joint professor at the University of Delaware, is the principal investigator of Federica Astrostatistics Lab (FASTLab), and coordinates more than 1,500 scientists for the 2023 Large Synoptic Survey Telescope Science Collaboration to discover new galaxies and stars in the southern sky. Bianco is also a boxer who goes by the title “The Mad Scientist.”

Steambathe t1_itrx50m wrote

But also if the aliens need a good reminder of who is the boss of Earth.

eroi49 t1_itrzove wrote

And here I thought it was a random dude who assembles boxes. Which is a good gig….

doubleapowpow t1_itr09aw wrote

Depends on the boxer. Could be Mike Tyson's Mystery Team.

rationalcrank t1_itr2z75 wrote

The NASA team also includes a ghost, an Asian American teen and a talking pigeon.

Meteor_VII t1_itudcvz wrote

Finally someone will get to the bottom of thith!

Moorepizza t1_ittcowu wrote

What other things could it be if not alien though? In todays world, if its human made its clearly trackable (drone, satellite, weather balloon) you dont need a special team to rule out some options like that

vince_irella t1_itvl78c wrote

Those things aren’t always clearly trackable, though. Those videos that the jet pilots took that came out within the last couple of years all have a much more reasonable explanation than “alien spacecraft”.

It’d be nice to have better education around this.

MinisTreeofStupidity t1_itue70k wrote

UFO = balloon, star, Jupiter, Venus, ISS, NOSS, kite and plane

*Edit, forgot to mention streetlight, a top post on /r/ufos

Fredissimo666 t1_itusqxc wrote

It's not a bad panel but not enough expertise in infared cameras and aviation. Like 2-3 people on the most relevant topics. Also, too much expertise in extraterrestrial stuff.

We should expect that most UFOs have earthly explainations. They should be matching images with plane position data first.