Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

rcchomework t1_iu3i9f9 wrote

I think climate scientists tend to be too optimistic. I dont think we've decarbonized to any degree and I dont think we've even reached peak carbonization, because, several developing economies are still developing and adopting fossil fuel power, and several more places that made due without niceties like AC and powered heating can no longer manage and must put in a new electrical infrastructure to make sure they can survive.

I think, we, in the west, should do our best to make it habitable in these developing nations, because if we don't make sure they have access to cheap power, air conditioners, water purifiers, etc, then they will certainly find their way to our borders, and I am not sure what kind of society we'll become when that happens.

Wombat_Racer t1_iu3l0nl wrote

There is a lot of I think in the above statements, which is where ideas come from, but backed with data & peer review does wonders to remove, or at least highlight, any bias.

rcchomework t1_iu3lewc wrote

I'm not worried about the appearances of bias. I made my bias apparent.

Wombat_Racer t1_iu3lkuy wrote

But without confirmed facts, it is just your opinion. You could be right, but but until proven, it is just as valid as any other unproven statement

rcchomework t1_iu3me8o wrote

I get that you want a debate or whatever, but I'm just here to state my opinion. Im not really interested in looking up peer reviewed anything for you. I can say that I have seen some think pieces in the past about how much conservative optimism there is engrained in the climate science culture, but I couldn't and won't speak for their bias. What I said is just what I feel about the situation.