Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Panda_Mon t1_iu63um0 wrote

• This would be another nail in the coffin of physical buttons on dashboards. I love physical buttons on dashboards.
  • If there are no cloud saves so I can play stardew valley on my PC at home after a 4 hour binge while driving back from grandma's, this is mostly pointless.
  • This only helps passengers until the stupid car drives itself. Passengers who already have access to smartphones with loads of ported games and emulators already.
  • If they only offer games through wireless download as the article suggests, you can bet your ass its gonna be a monthly fee to play the downloaded games even when you only need the data to download it once (they will act like its an online game by making constantly updating leader boards and a newsfeed and shit)
  • Controlling with your phone while not looking at the virtual buttons on the phone is going to be impossible for complex games. If it doesnt have full controller support its limited to 4-button games and so why even play tetris on a 14 inch screen when you can play genshin impact on an 8 inch screen.

This is pretty excessive and reminds me a lot of Car Thing by Spotify. Its so much expensive hardware and software for something I will rarely ever do.