Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

[deleted] t1_iunwtio wrote

I am simply basing it on my own point of view, please fill me in, have you seen anyone believing in this type of stuff that hasnt been conservative?

I am neither left or right as I find both sides equally incompetent, the only difference I see between them is that the left is the only one that is democratic

Ragnar_Dragonfyre t1_iuo1cho wrote

Before Covid, anti-vax were often left wing hippies who believed in new age nonsense.

Those people didn’t go away.

−1

yada_yadad_sex t1_iuo476s wrote

Nonsense. Antivax brigade were suburban middle class housewives doing their research on Facebook.

AndAlsoWithU t1_iupixcw wrote

Wait, I thought that what with all the fact checking, FB research was just as good as the real thing...

[deleted] t1_iuo2s2c wrote

Maybe because they are communist, who happen to be anti-establishment and on the furthest fringes of the left.

And still, their reason for not liking vaccines is not the same as those on the right.

−7

Guiver5000 t1_iunyf67 wrote

Well my cousin actually… he is an extreme left nutter butter. But to be fair… he is a nutter butter. The problem with huge issues like this is as follows

1. someone that is anti vax is likely to be a conservative. But that doesn’t mean all conservatives are anti vax

2. however the opposite is also true, for example someone deeply passionate about environmental issues are likely to be a liberal. But I know conservatives that are also passionate about the environment

These are stereo types, and to be fair stereo types exist for a reason. However they also tend to be on the far ends and with our world more polarized than ever it’s the extremes that get all the attention.

−2

[deleted] t1_iunypwa wrote

I am specifically talking about anti-vaxx and climate change denial type of stuff, the left's equivelant are climate change and equality radicals

Yes not everyone on the left or right is this and that, but those on the right are more often to be conspiracy theory nuts.

Superb_Efficiency_74 t1_iuo0n9b wrote

Most anti-vax people I know are naturalist hippies that would most accurately be described as communist, particularly of the Trotsky variant. They almost universally vote (D), although they don't really like (D) candidates because they're too conservative.

Just my anecdote, n=1.

−2

[deleted] t1_iuo2rut wrote

Maybe because they are communist, who happen to be anti-establishment and on the furthest fringes of the left.

And still, their reason for not liking vaccines is not the same as those on the right.