Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Loki-L t1_ives55r wrote

Just imagine how much revenue humans generate for their employers now.

463DP t1_ivf486g wrote

Just imagine how rich a few people are going to get!

Fragrant-Career4727 t1_ivfsqm9 wrote

Just imagine how many people will be of no use now

[deleted] t1_ivh0wpi wrote

[removed]

DavePastry t1_ivhmkao wrote

Wow that’s a really long comment

TheL0ngGame t1_ivls7en wrote

did you read it, or would you prefer i make a tik tok video?

DavePastry t1_ivlsl6v wrote

I think this particular comment calls out for a black and white xeroxed newsletter mailed out to a small but highly selective network of lone gunmen.

TheL0ngGame t1_ivlv4c1 wrote

reddit is just a gathering of people of think they are smart. all gathered in one space. dont know why i come here. good thing most of you are wasting your time here and not draining mental resources in the real world.

a future in front of screens is guaranteed for us all.

[deleted] t1_ivhmf67 wrote

[removed]

[deleted] t1_ivit1xg wrote

[removed]

−1

isavvi t1_ivjhtzs wrote

Ok so Crimes of the Future meets Westworld. Got it. Glad I’m checking out long before that.

Neither-Cup564 t1_ivfft06 wrote

You only get revenue when people have money to buy your things. I don’t understand who they’re going to sell to when everyone is homeless.

Shexter t1_ivfgwmf wrote

Not really. An economy can accomodate more value just by harvesting more resources and producing more stuff. Trading can happen only between the rich while the lower class can be neglected. Which could become a serious problem if a point comes where the average worker no longer has a value from an economic point of view.

slownburnmoonape t1_ivfp9su wrote

Isn’t this (almost) the case in some third world countries? Workers being treated as disposables

mrnothing- t1_ivg34wp wrote

Manñy countries who have petroluim and prefer import few skill people than treat their own populations as humans

geologean t1_ivgjbvq wrote

Do the countries prefer it, or do their petroleum companies prefer it?

mrnothing- t1_ivgnwr3 wrote

Both if you consider corrupt govermets as countries, educated and productive people feel entitled to rights, if you import people you can produce for your mansion(you and friends) and your army while your population is dieing of hunger, useless hunger people don't have the capacity too fight for their rights. For the corporations sites mean you can have 0 consideration for the negative impacts in the ecosystem, and cheap unskilled labor if you need it.

LordLordylordMcLord t1_ivgbw9q wrote

Any country where workers can't afford housing has already crossed that line... And I have bad news...

NuclearFoodie t1_ivgcvwv wrote

US crossed that line almost a decade ago and we are just starting to see the real ramifications of that. Going to be a dark decade in the US and I fear the rest of the west is not far behind us.

tonypizzaz t1_ivghgzh wrote

It’s funny almost everyone you see agrees with you. But no one feels like they can change it? We read about 20 or 30 different characters on these screens every day. Why can’t we just get rid of who is causing the problems? Why are billions suffering for a handful of people to be kings and queens.

NuclearFoodie t1_ivgjg6g wrote

Not just suffering for, but people worship these horrible monsters.

Cybor_wak t1_ivhfacu wrote

And 50% believe in "trickle down economics". That'll do it too.

geologean t1_ivgjlyd wrote

The weird thing about it is that there is adequate housing stock. It's just the distribution of that housing that's the problem. Real Estate is the one industry that seems the most stubborn to take a loss when it turns out the market was irrational for a very long time.

Artanthos t1_ivgkeu4 wrote

Mostly each other, in a much smaller market with much less competition for resources.

It’s not like they will need laborers for anything beyond status symbols.