Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

TreeHuggger77 t1_ixhqkvh wrote

Interesting that this phenomenon started in the 60’s. This is what we get when government and society browbeat men into submission. And, why all the sudden is this a “concern”? This has been a generational issue in Black culture and a persistent crisis as the government continues to engage in loco parentis. Men have been gaslighted (e.g. male privilege, toxic masculinity) and marginalized (e.g. parental rights, government subsidies, etc…), so yeah, the prime working age is bypassing all that shit and living their best life (no matter how bad it may be). I’m a gen-Xr, so most of us have our parents Boomer work “ethic.” But FMRB I get where these guys are coming from. Not how I want to live, but I get it.

Michaelmyers69420 t1_ixhyujm wrote

Honestly I would live like this, play WOW or another MMORPG, get high all day and just waste away life with much less suffering then the average person.

What is so great about working 8 hours a day for a job that gives no sense of accomplishment? Like really is getting the elite more rich that awesome? Iunno meh makes sense why people are checking out.

TreeHuggger77 t1_ixi0xir wrote

Same here. I own my company, but if not for that, I’d move to WY to work in tourism, ski in the winter, fly fish in the summer, and smoke like a train.