Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

[deleted] t1_ixhty4n wrote

[removed]

−9

Afferbeck_ t1_ixm9m89 wrote

Yeah we should all just work 12 hours a day to barely pay the rent and never complain, all so we can make people born staggeringly wealthy die even wealthier. Why be 'useful' to a society that has been entirely co-opted to exploit us? And you'd be a terrible person to be in charge of who is and isn't 'useful' to society, if you grind someone up for fertiliser you miss out on the decades of rent, food, electricity, entertainment et cetera they will pay for, even living life at its most frugal with every dollar having come from the government. But you don't get to feel righteously angry about people you deem less-than in that scenario, so fire up the mulcher I guess.

I don't know why people want to blame individuals for not wanting to crush themselves under a blatantly shitty system instead of advocating for change to that system so that peoples lives are less shitty. The type who had to suffer down a coal mine their whole life so everyone else should too, instead of wanting to improve things so no one has to suffer like they did.

Thankfully there were enough of the latter in the past century or so that things did change and get better, for a while. But the capitalist propaganda of puritan work ethic and individualism has been so overwhelming that a lot of people now don't even know how to imagine the world being any different, so all they know is cutting the offending puzzle pieces to fit the only image they know, given to them by their exploiters.

Our ancestors who fought for things like the 8 hour work day would be spinning in their graves at the fact that not only are we not working less than they did, we are working MORE, while being several times more productive, while having far less ability to afford a home and a family than they did. They'd be appalled at how we've let ourselves get absolutely robbed by the owning class, and how we've got to put up with victim blaming fools like yourself making things worse.

Michaelmyers69420 t1_ixhz0j6 wrote

Ya I agree but instead let's do it to the elite, let's seize their assets so I can have a hot tub!