Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

LordBoxington t1_j12s9df wrote

Dude, Trump himself, the guy who said it's a Chinese hoax, has literally been spending millions on seawalls to protect property and golf courses he owns that are next to the ocean because even he knows it's coming. Also many of these people have yachts that can sustain them for long periods of time just fine, as well a multitude of properties that will allow them to leave at any time to somewhere safer/better/less affected.

AG2dayAG t1_j12t1ps wrote

Dude!!. The property he has is in the hurricane belt it literally gets pummeled by hurricanes almost every year. That's not because of climate change

LordBoxington t1_j12tn0s wrote

Yea, his Scottish properties with the new seawall constructions are really getting walloped by those hurricanes!

AG2dayAG t1_j12tqoc wrote

Link? I'm talking about Mar a lago

AG2dayAG t1_j12u8a5 wrote

Ok found it has nothing to do with climate change and everything to do with the fact that it gets ht with 30 meter waves which isn't good for a golf resort

LordBoxington t1_j12ue35 wrote

He literally cites climate change and rising sea levels in the permit application, how much more proof do you need?

AG2dayAG t1_j12uj3e wrote

You worry about climate change I'll live my life.

−4

LordBoxington t1_j12uzrx wrote

I mean look I'm not super worried about it because I literally have no control over it, so I'm living my life too, I'm not sure what you're trying to prove here? Whether or not you believe it's real, it is, and if you're in an area anywhere near sea level have fun figuring out how to deal with it while pretending you aren't! Rooting for you!

AG2dayAG t1_j12v9z9 wrote

Not concerned with it at all. You saying it is doesn't make it so. More government bs to tax its citizens even more.

LordBoxington t1_j12we3q wrote

It's not me you should be paying attention to, it's the literal tens of thousands of scientists who have been screaming about it for decades you should listen to.

This is like getting a warning from the entire military that a missile strike is imminent and being like 'they just MAKING SHIT UP AGAIN!'

(Also if you think taxes are high now, wait until we're paying out a trillion a year just to repair fucking storm damage as they get more severe)

AG2dayAG t1_j12ws2f wrote

If it's inevitable it's inevitable predictions with no way of solving the problem is pointless.

AG2dayAG t1_j12vcrl wrote

I actually hope the sea does rise 50 feet I have a few properties that would become ocean front

LordBoxington t1_j12w4oq wrote

Hell yea brother! Beach front property complete with flooded infrastructure leeching into the water and refugees who are now homeless, big W for you