Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Samurai___ t1_j1yfmrn wrote

Won't happen in your lifetime. When I was young, we played Cyberpunk 2020, the predecessor rpg to 2077. It was named 2020 because it was plausible that cyberware, av cars, the matrix will happen by then. We have mobiles and easily accessible internet instead as peak technology available to everyday people.

Desperate_Food7354 t1_j1yglzh wrote

That’s a very strong claim, AGI will basically be one of the last human inventions, I suppose you argue that won’t exist for anyone currently living?

Plane_Crab_8623 t1_j1yhtpz wrote

However these new technologies are employed there will be real unexpected outcomes and un foreseen consequences. We are limited by the little we know even about ourselves.

Gubekochi t1_j1z3s6q wrote

Just like internet+cellphone brought us Tinder, new technology will be used in unforeseen ways that will seem obvious in retrospect.

hollowhero_ OP t1_j21b2te wrote

That is scary but interesting. These is no telling how society will shift.

Elmore420 t1_j1ygm95 wrote

There is only one next step in Human Evolution, we complete the transition from Animal to Creator that we have been refusing for 10,000 years now because we simply refuse to “Be kind and take care of each other.” The only next step to human evolution is the Hydrogen Economy. Without that we’ll be extinct before ‘cyber-humans’ become possible.

kelolpx t1_j1zo975 wrote

I would say DNA modification would come before tech implants.