Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Sweaty-Astronaut7248 t1_iywlezd wrote

This would be huge if it were a standard to go worldwide. Wheelchairs are such an old design. It's been updated here and there but it's over a hundred years old. Sitting all the time is not healthy and deteriorates comfort the longer you're in a sitting position. Plus there's all the consequential injuries along the way: torn/pulled muscles, rotator cuff wear and tear, arthritis, herniated disks, etc. Then there's the conversational eye contact, at least for me. Not being at eye level kinda messed with me. Also can't always hear conversations because the sound waves are literally going over my head ha.

Between these exoskeletons and the spinal cord stimulation devices, things are looking better for some of us. Fingers crossed

Chicero t1_iz3k2ir wrote

I tend to be in favor of low tech solutions, so I like seeing a response for why you need the high tech. Thanks for the summary!

Leovan21 t1_j06oyur wrote

Some problems can’t be solved by low tech, when your body get more injury you will understand this

Chicero t1_j06ze46 wrote

Ive had scoliosis since 13. tinnitus since 21, and as of the past 2 years not-epileptic seizures (that’s the diagnosis).

Its doing just fine breaking down, but that doesn’t mean I want to give up hope.